Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Anxiety.

If you asks any of my friends, you will come to find out a funny little fact about me. I have horrible anxiety about situations, so much of an anxiety that I get that horrible pit in the bottom of my stomach and just get incredibly nervous over random events. Don't get me wrong I am a strong willed person and usually force myself to get things done. But this anxiety lately has begun to set in strongly over one thing. Internship Applications.

I have yet to pinpoint the reasoning as to why I am so anxious over something that most people in college I feel like don't even bat an eyelash to. I feel as if I am treating my internship application as validation that I am on the right career path. Or getting that perfect internship will give me the nod that I am as talented as I think I am.

I really just think it is because I have never wanted something so bad. I know it sounds weird, most kids in college just wish for the new Xbox game or a six pack on the weekend. Me being the weird kid that is obsessed with my career path wants a kick ass internship where I will be exposed to everything that my career entails.

Lately as I am finishing up the final touches on my website and my direct mailers I have been having trouble sleeping or even thinking about other things. Let me tell you, once all this stuff is done I will be ecstatic. That is saying that I get my dream internship of course.

Here's Hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment