Saturday, May 28, 2011

"The Future" is closer than I think...

On Tuesday I will start the internship of my dreams at MMG Worldwide. I have been working towards getting an internship at an advertising agency downtown for over a year now, through the development of my resume (thank to Tracy), direct mailer, website, and everything else I have been working my ass off trying to finish.

Well on Tuesday I meet with the other interns and my supervisors and get to figure out what exactly I will be doing. I just thought I would make a post to let you guys know what will be going on and to check here for weekly (if not more often) updates. With the level of excitement that I have currently, I'm sure I'll end up posting everyday when I get home!

It seems that I have waited my entire college career to be able to do this internship. Not to try to get a job (although that would be nice) but just the opportunity to see my career choice in the real world. I want to be able to say that I am on the right track or that I truly do love what I do, even though I already do love it. I guess I could say I am excited to start, just to validate my choices thus far. If I don't get validated, I guess it was a good experience? Let's hope for the first option and not the second. But I am open to anything (that is not true).

So keep me in your thoughts as I embark on the next big journey in my life. I wish you all could feel my excitement.

Sidenote: I can't sleep. I have to be up at 5:30 and it is currently 1:00 and I haven't slept yet. I'm so excited and it is still two days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment