Tuesday, May 31, 2011

First Day!

So today was my official first day at my new internship at MMG Worldwide! It was a day full of housekeeping and getting a lot of what I will be doing this year all together. I found out some exciting news as we found out who our client will be as interns and that is, The City of San Francisco! We don't have any idea of what we will be doing yet, but all I know is that I am really excited to get started. I got my cubicle that I am in temporarily until space opens in the creative department tomorrow and I am so excited to finally be in here!

I had no idea of how big this company is or what clients they exactly work for, but some of my mentors are working with clients like Colorado, Barbados, Trump Towers, and more! Looking over some of the past intern work I finally felt content that I had the skills to complete the work that was needed. Just working inside this office has already made me feel more professional and that I have skills that are worthy of something.

It's really interesting to see how they handle payroll and traffic inside the office as to who is working on what project when. I always found that as confusing to figure out how much to bill the client and how to keep track of what you are doing but this cleared up and confusions I had. Their system was streamline and made complete sense to me already and it is only my first day, as a system like this should.

Well looks like 5:00 is coming around and I have finished most of my initial research for the day so I'm signing off and I will hopefully be catching up with you guys to fill you in on the details soon. Just hearing that we landed a client as large as the City of San Fran? That was huge to me.

J

1 comment: