Monday, June 13, 2011

Ready for more posts?

So I'm sorry I have been lacking in the posting department about this internship but I decided that I should be posting a lot more just to get my ideas out about where we are at with out specific client and maybe get some help from my followers (all 10 of you). Well if you didn't already know i'm the interactive creative intern at MMG Worldwide this summer and we have just been given a client as the interns. Our client currently is San Francisco Travel and we have been
given a mission and target market and everything. I'll break it down for you below and then share what we have come up with so far and then maybe I can get some feedback on where we are going/hope to go with this project.

First thing though, I just want to let you know one huge step that in my past design work at Pitt State we have always missed out on, and that is research. I kid you not, I have about 150+ pages of research, 3 books about San Fran, and countless websites! I think that is the one step that I have been missing in most of my past work. Maybe I will take a picture of my research binder to show you how much research we have to complete before the project even starts!

Objective: To effectively distribute tourism information to the visitors of San Francisco, beyond the current visitor’s center in order to entice visitors to extend their stay, become an advocate for the city, and to repeat their visit.

That is obviously our main objective for the project and all other medias that I end up developing the idea for need to hold this central theme true to what they do. So below I will show you some of our ideas thus far and how we plan on carrying these out.

1. Mobile Site

I believe that this is important because it really bridges the gap between the different medias and helps the user to navigaete throughout the city to make their stay more enjoyable. Below I have posted a mobile website that you can view on your computer that MMG has completed for Colorado Tourism that I think is a main inspiration for me behind this project.

http://www.colorado.com/m/

2. Kiosks/Trucks

This was an idea that I came up with after realizing that we need some way to make the user want to interact with the media that we are providing. I always feel that whenever I see a touch screen that invites me to participate I always interact with it! That is why we decided to use this media and to also develop a truck that could house different kiosks inside of it to make the concept more mobile.

Here is an image of the truck that we are looking toward using...



3. Ad Campaign

This is an obvious one and we haven't really even developed how we want the ads to look/feel/or location so this is really just something we know we want but havent' even started to develop yet.

4. Interactive Window Displays

San Fran mentioned to us that they currently have window displays placed throughout the city to help garner attention to the city in many different ways. Our idea was to place these windows in different neighborhoods and make them interactive but also informative. The window would basically say I love (Neighborhood) because or my favorite attraction is...and then there would be a screen that you would type in your favorite thing around the neighborhood. There would then be a list that is available to the left that would show what different people's favorite thing is populating live.


5. Facebook Campaign

This will tie in with our interactive window displays that we are creating so you can upload your favorite things about neighborhoods inside of the facebook app.

6. Street Team

We also are coming up with the idea to develop a street team that will be placed around the mobile truck that can help deliver different information to the consumer.

7. Street Signage

My last idea that I developed was a street signage system that would welcome you when you get in to certain neighborhoods and direct you to different attractions inside the neighborhoods. The purpose of this mainly is to get you to stay in the city and look around longer and more often!

Those are the main ideas that we have developed this far and we are actually presenting them to our mentors this afternoon so I imagine by the end of the week I will have a list of exactly the things I will be working on and what our campaign title is! That also reminds me, if you have any ideas of any campaign titles that would help out a lot, considering I am hitting a major road block. Our ideas so far have been, "Am I On Your Agenda," "Explore San Francisco," and "San Francisco 360." I have only been working on this for 2 weeks but just researching as much as I have been can get to be a bit of a headache at the end. Also none of these ideas are solely my own, we have an intern team that consists of me, Andrea (Mizzou Senior), Katie (KU Senior), Lindsey (KU Grad), and Jillian (DU Junior). WIth only one of those being another creative intern the rest being in media and account services. So don't think that I am taking all these ideas for my own and that I have developed them on my own know that I have a great team behind me.

Look forward to some more updates this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment